Karate begins and ends with courtesy. Please familiarise yourself with the dojo rules as these must be abided by at all times.
Guidelines for Parents
- Parents and children staying to watch lessons are asked to keep noise levels to a minimum.
- Small children must sit to the side and refrain from running around during the lesson.
- Ensure mobile phones are switched off or on silent.
- No food is to be eaten in the dojo.
- Refrain from any prompting tuition or communication with students whilst the lessons are in progress.
- The instructor will be unavailable to answer queries when the lesson is about to start or at the end of the lesson when the hall must be vacated.
- Anybody not able to follow the rules will be asked to leave the hall.
- Any queries must be put in an email to email@example.com. These will be responded to during office hours only (10am – 2pm). Text messages will not be used as a form of communication.
Guidelines for Students
- Bow to the centre of the dojo when you enter and when you leave.
- Your teacher must be addressed as Sensei and any helper as Sempai.
- Students must pay attention when the instructor is demonstrating techniques.
- Latecomers kneel by the edge of the hall and wait for permission to enter.
- If you need to leave the class, you must ask the instructor for permission.
- Bow to your partner before and after practice.
- Hair must be tied up with a non metal band.
- A ‘Blitz’ branded gi must be worn at all times. All other gi brands are not allowed to be worn at the club.
- The club badge must be attached to left chest, this is compulsory.
- The belt represents your progress. Keep it on.
- All metal objects (jewellery) or other such items should be removed
- Bring a drink to lessons, ideally water.
- Any t-shirt worn underneath your gi must be plain white.
- T-shirts are not allowed during summer weeks unless stated clearly by the instructor.
- No footwear to be worn whilst training.
- No foul language inside the dojo.